sbcbc

Please help me with inspiration for a small dark patio

Suzanne C
6 years ago

We have recently renovated part of the house and put a granny flat to the front of the house and we rent this part out but the outside looks awful! I desperate for inspiration to make it look pretty as well as functional and low maintenance.

Project · More Info

There are large leylandii trees on the left that as tall as the house, but they are the neighbours trees and they give us privacy and a good border.

Project · More Info

We are thinking of cutting these tree trees to give us more light into the main house.

Project · More Info

Project · More Info

We already have Indian sandstone patio stones around the rest of the house and were hoping to lay these on the ground - similar to this picture

Sketch - uploaded photo - 1517393702311 · More Info

I have thought about slatted fencing along the trees and maybe some bamboo plants and bench seating over the brick wall. I would like to keep the brick wall, however, its not straight so considering putting wood cladding over it or making it wider and rendering it.

Project · More Info

There is a separation between the main house and the flat where the little bench is. Somewhere I would like to put 2 wheelie bins where the bench is so we can share the recycling and main rubbish bins. Something like this:

Project · More Info

We think we may put a wooden gate into the arch rather than this metal one.

Project · More Info

Please help me find some inspiration!
Suzanne

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.