singhsaira

Considering buy this forever home. Pleaseee Helppp?

Cali Love
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Here is story.

I love Meditteranean style homes....Modern Meditteranean. We are considering buying a home that we can perhaps make some changes to as long as it has the foundation, sqft, price, etc.

One of the things I strongly dislike is the staircase (That leads to the bedrooms) right smack in the middle of the entryway. I don't want to see a staircase in the middle of the house as soon as I enter. Or at least the one that exists. I also don't like what the staircase leads to. The architecture of the top as you see in the pic (the dome shaped walls). Basically everything about it.

We would have some budget to do somewhat of an extreme makeover of this home.

What would you guys suggest can be done to improve the look of the foyer and the staircase? Would moving the staircase be an option too?

Here are some pics, would love to hear from you guys. Thanks so much!!!

The staircase as you enter the house. Below it shows the opposite sides of room (Ceiling height - 9 Ft.). One is a formal dining room and the other is a formal living room. (I would also like to do something with the dome shaped walls on both sides.

***This is the living room (family room). As you can see there is a door on the opposite side of the staircase. This hides the stair case.

Looking to renovate to make it a bit more grand looking and much more updated.

Thank You so much in advance!!!

***Updated --

Also attached are additional pics of the family room with that awful fireplace. I am thinking of removing carpet and adding hardwood floors. Also thinking about removing the entire dome like entry to the backyard by adding glass sliding door to the outside. The backyard/swimming pool that the family room would lead to is on the very bottom.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.