gabby247

extension plans ideas? cost? suggestions

Gabby Wong
6 years ago
We’re coming up to the end of our fixed mortgage and whilst we were contemplating moving, I think we’re now more likely to build an extension to create the space we want.

Attached are our current floor plans and my drawing adaptations of what we’re considering. (At very early stages - haven’t asked around locally for builders/architects/planning yet)

I’m looking for ideas as to what else could be done or what might be better, and also if any one has an idea of cost of removing the back (supporting wall) to build an extension.

Building the wall where I’ve shown to separate the kitchen would allow most of the new utility room to remain in situ which would help reduce cost. As we’d probably look to put in new flooring and underfloor heating as well.

We want to keep a separate dining room (and need it relatively large) as my other half plays lots of big board games and we have a table that extends to just over 8’ so it’s good to be able to shut them in a room without it taking over the kitchen or living room like currently!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.