sassy_geater

Living room floor dilemma

Sassy G
6 years ago
I cannot decide whether to have a beige porcelain tiles or dark wooden floor in a living room. At present the hallway has dark wooden floors, the kitchen beige tiles but I cannot decide what to do with the living room (extension to the kitchen with dimensions 5x3, which is currently being built).

I like a beige tiled floor because it will make the living room look spacious and bright but on the other hand the tiles will be cold for my daughter to play on in winter.

Wooden floor will eliminate this problem but the issue I have with it is that there is no continuity as far as the colour of the ground floor is concerned. It starts with dark brown in the hallway continues with beige in the kitchen and then dark brown in the living room.

I am also undecided on the colour of the walls. I am not keen on white as it's too plain. I am thinking of something along the lines of beige / taupe and grey.

I am entertaining the idea of grey but not sure how that will gel with beige tiles, if I go ahead with them.

Advice would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.