marieearl77

Door into kitchen..... how near can the first base unit start?

Ellie
6 years ago

When we open up kitchen and dining room to create one space, this is the space we will have to work with. We dont need any 'living' space here so ignore that sofa in the bay window.

The door into the kitchen, from the hall, is on bottom left of the pic.

Ignore the general layout of appliances, the pic is just a quick sketch for the sizes really.

On that left side wall is a run of units that will include washing machine, sink and oven/hob.

Realistically, how close can we bring those units towards the kitchen door?

What is the minimum gap from the kitchen door? Eg do we leave the first approx 70cm free before we can start the run of units? Just wondering how close we can get without it feeling uncomfortable as if you bang into the unit on walking in the door!

My thoughts are that I could get closer if it was just base units, but it would have to be further away if there were base and wall units/tall units? I am thinking no tall units/wall units at all on the left wall, as there could be a chance it blocks the full view of the sliding doors that would be approx 3.4m length on the back 5m wall going out to garden.

Because the door into the kitchen is angled, would the view even be blocked at all from the doorway if we had wall units? Perhaps not, if they were far away enough from the door?

Thoughts welcome, many thanks!

House · More Info

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.