opunopun

Magnificent Loft Conversion Completely Transforms Former Bungalow

Opun
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

With more occupants and less room in their home than ever before, this growing Southampton family realised it was time to give their quaint bungalow a much-needed injection of space. A loft conversion with Opun added an entire storey to the property and created a new master bedroom, toilet and spacious lounge area to enjoy. Incredible wide and fresh windows ensure the loft is always bathed in stunning natural light and the family can enjoy magnificent views of the Port of Southampton and the surrounding area whenever they like. Check out these photos to see work in progress on the loft and the brand-new space at the end of the project.

Before: work in progress

External view of the conversion in progress; windows have already been installed, the tiles are being finished and reinforced.

An alcove is fitted in the wall of what will eventually become the new master bedroom. New carpets and furnishings still need to be installed at this point.

Just after those stunning windows were installed. The view is magnificent but the loft is barren and unfinished at this point.

After: the new loft

External view of the brand new loft space. These wide windows dominate the skyline and are a hallmark of this project.

The fully completed and furnished new master bedroom. The window alcove contributes to a clean and naturalistic aesthetic.

The completed lounge space, perfect for relaxing at the end of a long day and taking a look at some incredible views. The stunning window is complemented by bold pendant lighting. Even the new puppy loves the loft space!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.