kwia40

Help to make my new lounge cosy

kwia40
6 years ago

Picture shows my new lounge following a new side-return extension. Room is open plan onto the kitchen. It's painted in a light but warm grey (LEDs make walls look yellow here). Room is big but narrow (6m x 3m) and I'm stuck re furnishings and furniture placement. Can't afford to do away with all the current furniture just need ideas to bring it all together so room is warm, inviting, not cluttered but looks finished!

Particular dilemmas are:

1. Built-in storage or free-standing storage for dvds, a tonnes of books and CDs and where to place this storage (around/under the TV?) All the boxes in the pic need to be stored away out of view. Materials - wood to add more texture or keep it plain/minimal?

2. Also struggling with what to do with window dressing due to the awkward slanted roof and don't want to block view of garden too much.

3. What other pieces to add to make room more interesting - side tables, artwork placement, console table more lamps? I'm scared of adding too much and the room becoming cramped.

Any ideas very much appreciated as I'm really stumped. Thank you!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.