abigail_ebejer

Sofa or curtains first?

Aby
16 February, 2018
The walls are a light beige.
My plan is to get a blue sofa and white sheers with dark beige black outs so not really looking to match them. But does it still matter if I do one thing before the other? Thanks

Dale Loth Architects

Ideally, you'd make all the material / colour choices before buying anything. Otherwise, my advice would always be to choose the item which comes in the narrowest range of colours / finishes which you might find acceptable first.

Stitched

Hi Aby it’s definitely worth thinking about your colour scheme, even if the colours don’t match, choosing contrasting or complimentary colours is a good idea (take a look at a colour wheel for some ideas on what works). We’d also always recommend you go for plain fabrics with lots of texture for big ticket items like sofas and curtains. Let us know if you have any more questions and we’ll do our best to help