noviceatthis

To carpet or to laminate and can I also ask you about headboards?!

design novice
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Lovely Houzzers

I am in a real dilemma with my flooring, 50 year old carpets now gone and no idea whether to carpet or laminate and use area rugs instead

I have 2 other rooms to carpet as well and they belong to a 7 and 9 year old who keep forgetting to remove their shoes! I have been reading about the Danish Hygge and the consensus is the Danes would never entertain carpets for hygiene purposes and they of course have a colder climate! Every designer home I see on Netflix does not have carpets but then the few friends I have asked said they would carpet the areas to make them more cosy. What do you think?

Now on to the headboard, sorry for double post wanting advice! I wanted a large, upholstered one but the supplies all say they are made from mdf/chipboard and I am not that wild about being that close to formaldehyde for 8 hours a night! Wondering about getting a slatted, real wood one in cream but not sure if it would work with the room

I regret the divan bed purchase (and the valance, groan!) but if anyone has a solution to make it look less twee, I am all ears!!!!

Thanks in advance :-)

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.