lauragwb

Help with planning space for kitchen / diner / living extension

Laura
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi

I am hoping some of you may be able to help with some bright ideas! Attached are some photos of our current ground floor plan and the proposed side extension opening up into existing kitchen and dining room to make a larger open plan kitchen / diner / family living space. We will retain the lounge at the front of the house. The current proposal is to incorporate a utility / downstairs toilet to the back of the existing diner room but we’re unsure whether this really leaves us with enough space to do what we want in the main room. We are looking for a space that allows us to spend time as a family as well as entertaining friends - we are a family of 5 with three boys aged 2, 4 and 11 so space is quite important! We had originally not planned the utility space but given the amount of washing in our house, it would be great to have it out of the way, especially with the room becoming more of a family space. I’ve attached some photos of possible room layouts but we feel we haven’t found the right solution yet and unsure whether there is really enough space for all of it or whether we need to make a decision about what to sacrifice - ie the utility and toilet and / or the kitchen island. All of the furniture and kitchen will be new so we are open to any possible layout really! Any suggestions or advice would be very welcome. Thank you :-)

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.