opunopun

Incredible Renovation Restores Period Property To Former Glory

Opun
6 years ago

This Southampton family found a property that was impressive in scope but had fallen into disrepair. They hoped that with a full home renovation they would be able to recapture some of the home's former glory. The renovation process with Opun also included an extension and saw the fitting of a new bathroom and kitchen as well as three new bedrooms. These new additions were able to breathe new life back into the property without taking away any of the property's classical elegance. Even the new parts of the home are overflowing with antiques and bespoke vintage furnishings, ensuring that every room in the home has an additional 'wow' factor. Check out these photos to see work in progress on the property and the fully renovated space at the end of the project.

Before: the original space

The wide expanse of the period property has become unused and unloved. Stained flooring and a collapsing roof are particularly alarming elements. This area will soon be transformed into an incredible kitchen.

This tired space was unrecognisable by the end of the project, bright and wide windows were the only design element that was retained from this room.

External view of the original property. The front garden is overgrown and the black paint job clashes horribly with the local environment.

After: the magnificent new space

Magnificent Extension On Period Property · More Info

The stunning new kitchen features heated stone flooring, a vintage antique table, bespoke oakwood chairs and fresh lick of black paint for the original ceiling beams. It's hard to believe this is the same space as before!

A sleek contemporary living room is bathed in natural light. Plush comfortable sofas are perfect for reclining and reading a book or watching TV with the entire family. Vintage hanging curtains add an element of classical grandeur to the living room.

The beautiful new chestnut facade is the perfect naturalistic addition to make the home blend into the local environment. Bold oakwood doorframes are a classy addition and the shrubbery has been given a trim in order to show off a full view of the home.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.