frahana_rashid

Design Dilemma - bedrooms in our bedroom

Frahana Rashid
6 years ago

Looking for some ideas and advice please.

Redoing our main bedroom and want it to work for me and hubby. Normal sized main room in a semi detached house.

Curved bay window and fireplace wall with 2 alcoves, with bedroom overall size about 12ft by 14ft into the bay - drawing is not to scale! There's also a little curve in the ceiling that leads into the bay so the room is not full height there.

We currently have sliding doors across the fireplace wall and alcoves, stopping short of the bay window as the ceiling curves. Been a pain to be honest as the glass doors are huge and have - about 1.5m wide each! Internal is a shelving and hanging system and could work a lot better.

Getting the full height IKEA Pax wardrobe with sliding doors so have flexibility on arrangement. We do want a TV in the room so need that on the wall or on a chest of drawers.

Not sure where to put new wardrobes and have a few thoughts but would love some input please...

These are the options Ive come up with...

Option 1 - get a 1.5m sliding wardrobe in one alcove with a 50cm with a door in the other alcove and keep current layout - works ok

Option 2 - put a longer run of Pax wardrobe across the wall behind the bedroom door and one in small alcove with Bed in the main alcove. Chest of drawers in the window

Option 3 - Bed to go lengthways across radiator (so would sit lengthways facing into the bay window ) Open shelving in the small alcove and wardrobes in big alcove AND behind the door with TV in bay window alcove. Hubby is against this as bed would be right in front of the door

Any ideas are very welcome. There is no actual fireplace - just a wall - from fireplace in the reception room downstairs.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.