webuser_71660

sizing for splitting a room into a bathroom & utility

Tani H-S
6 years ago

Hi all,

slowly working my way through our layouts and need help with working out the sizing for our new bathroom/utility.

As you can see on my sketch, the room that is currently a bedroom, size 10' deep x 7.4' width will need to be split into two to make a downstairs bathroom (bungalow) that will service 2 bedrooms, and a utility area. We plan to have a master bedroom upstairs which will have a deep dormer bathroom - possibly larger than this space.

The utility area opens into the kitchen (at the top of the image) and also has a door leading into an external side porch which should have space for a stacked washer/dryer. It won't be very deep ie maybe 1200-1400 I think, so we can fit 600 deep appliances in and gives us 600-800 space in front of it

We will need to put a partition wall between the two so not sure how deep this will be yet.

I think the bath will likely be turned around so it's on the back wall (where the WC currently is) and the WC will be put on the left side wall so the pipes etc can go outside more easily. Also so the WC isn't facing the door when you open it!

I just need help working out what size bathroom is acceptable as a downstairs one for the 2 beds so I don't make a mistake with both rooms.

We were going to put a bath in here so we didn't have to have one in our master (as we don't use them) but it might be possible to just make this a shower room? I presume that in the future, kids would use this bathroom more so.....

thank you

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.