jeanzbeanz

Layout of master suite - bedroom/ ensuite/ walk in wardrobe

Gina Anderson
6 years ago

I would love some tips on the proposed layout of the master bedroom suite which we are adding to our house.

I had approved the layout below but now I am getting cold feet about a) the size of the shower and b) the en-suite door being so far from the dressing room door. However... I can't really think of a better layout. Maybe someone else can? Some points to note:

• The bed needs to be centralised with the bay (as there will be a vaulted ceiling in the room running towards the bay window)
  • I don't want the bed to go in the bay, as I have my heart set on a window seat.
  • I really really want a walk in wardrobe, so need to make it work somehow!
  • I definitely don't want a walk through dressing room
  • Ideally I'd like space for a walk-in shower (although that could be sacrificed, as it is at the moment!)
  • Room measurements: from the outside wall {not including the bay} to the ensuite wall is 3.4m, from the flat window to the internal wall is 4.5m
  • En-suite is currently 1.3m wide at the widest point and the dressing room is 1.7m at the narrowest point
  • The only furniture in the bedroom will be a double (possibly King) bed, two bedside tables and possibly a slim dressing table/chest of drawers if there is space.

Is there enough width to put the bed on the wall immediately on the left when you first go into the room? Or will that make the entire room feel very cramped? if we did that, then there could be two doors off what is shown as the ensuite wall, one for the dressing room and the other for the ensuite.

Hope that's not too much info. Would be very grateful for any helpful comments. Thanks in advance :)

Comments (36)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.