jonathan_askew

Large lounge and vacant space needed to fill, ideas welcomed!

Jonathan
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We've bought a house that has a a large lounge area. The space is roughly 4.1m x 8.1m and is highlighted in the Floorplan image attached.

In the slightly larger section (marked "1") we have our main living area, with the log burner and TV.

Currently our dining room is the one adjoining the kitchen, as mentioned on the floorplan.

We are uncertain as what to do with the upper section of the lounge area (lounge "2"). Originally before buying the house we were going to change this to the dining room and then have the current dining room as a second lounge. But, as we have lived in the house for about a month now, we feel that the dining room might work best as it is.

The issue is, that if we don't move it we don't know what to put in lounge "2". We thought about a reading area, but if someone is watching the TV, this wouldn't be all that practical .

As you can see from the pictures, it's currently full with the old sofas (new ones are in Lounge "1") and general junk, which we are keen to get rid of. Room looks more green than it is on photos as well, it's more a clay/green, if that makes sense. Happy to change the colour if need be as we just wanted rid of what was there originally which was a horrible mucky yellow.

Any ideas on what we could do here would be great!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.