suzyr

garage - ideas on fit out for clean dry storage space

suzyr
6 years ago

We have a single garage (attached to side of house) which is not used for a car as it's too small. So it's become a dumping ground for everything. It's also dirty, dusty and cold, due to a rough concrete floor, brick walls and a north facing and broken up-and-over garage door. Our plan is to create a clean storage area in the garage and also perhaps a place to use our exercise bike and cross trainer. We've got quotes for an insulated garage door and were thinking of plaster-boarding the ceiling (as it's currently open rafters) and laying pvc/rubber tiles on the floor. Does this sound enough to create a cleaner, warmer space, are there other issues we need to consider. e.g. should we also insulate the walls or is that unnecessary. We don't want to spend more than we need to but there seem to be so many differing opinions online about how to go about this and what is best. The walls of the garage are the house wall on one side and a party wall with our neighbour's garage on the other. The flat roof of the garage was recently replaced with full insulation to building control standards. There is electricity there so we could have a heater when exercising in the colder months.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.