stevenlong100

New Garden Needed - Please Help!

Steven Long
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi,

We're looking for some ideas to use our garden space for some flowers/herbs, but also some space for entertaining/bbq and a large shed at the back. We have a young son, so a bit of grass for kicking a ball or laying a blanket down to get some sun would be a must. As you can see from the pictures, we have a new concrete patio and our neighbours existing extension wall, that we'll look to cover with something. There are also large trees on the east side of the garden that block a lot of sunlight, so we only get patches of sun on the west half of the garden from morning until early afternoon. No grass grows on that East side by the trees, so thinking we'll put the shed up the back there and some sort of paving. Would also like some sort of fire pit or an area for that as well as a BBQ for the summer.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated! The main issue is that in Summer, only the left hand side of the garden gets any sun and that's only in places as the sun moves around our neighbours house and the trees. We'll trim the trees back a little, but that's the most we'll be able to do with them, which may not give us much (if any) extra sunlight.

An advice or recommendations would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks,

Steven

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.