georgina_anne

Is this our fence? Help?!

G. j.
6 years ago
Here is the fence to the right of our garden as if you were looking from the road/house. We have looked at the deeds and it doesn't say who the fence belongs to, whether it's us or our neighbours.
We have had problems with the ivy which we have tried to tame off of our property, but the ivy from their side has weighted the fence down.
What do we do? It looks like the ivy is holding it up as well... The neighbours are slightly difficult and I don't think they would address the problem if we asked them.
Should we:
A. Replace the fence entirely with their permission (would we have to do anything about the ivy though?)

B. Put up a new fence in front of it and hope the ivy doesn't attack our new fence by pruning it regularly.

C. Put up hedge plants tall enough to cover the fence.

This isn't our forever home. We envisage staying here for another 10years max. Maybe we've missed options, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Georgina

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.