cazsf

Co-ordinating lighting for open plan ground floor!

cazSF
6 years ago
Hello Houzzers!

I’m pretty sure I’ve read that one is supposed to begin one’s vision with the lighting, but when we know where we wanted them to go, we are now being asked to make our selections... trouble is, we’ve extended an already knocked through 1930’s semi, so I’m looking for a selection of fixtures of similar ilk, without being too matchy matchy...

We need the following:

Original living room, which is becoming a snug with log burner, mirror above it, art in the alcoves, oxblood chesterfield and baby grand piano in the giant bay window (aiming for 1930’s ‘we’ve just discovered Travel’ theme) —> central chandelier (not too tall, and not one of those super traditional sparkly drop ones that come to mind when one hears ‘chandelier’; 2 wall sconces for the alcoves, 2 tall table lamps to frame a painting on the opposite wall.

Original dining room, becoming a walk through Living room with a wall-mounted TV, l-shaped sofa and rug, drinks cabinet —> already has some down lighters so we’re just looking for a suitable central ceiling fixture to tie the snug to the...

New kitchen diner in the extension! It’s a full width extension with a pitched roof, two giant skylights and anthracite bi-fold doors. The kitchen furniture will be ‘contemporary shaker’, with mostly integrated appliances (I didn’t want it to look too much like a kitchen). As you come from the living space, we’ll have oak dining table on the right, a pale navy island in the middle and the outer cabinets in pale grey —> we already have downlighters around the skylights for the dining and general space, and countertop lights under the cabinets, so we are seeking 3 pendants for above the island, and two wall sconces for the dining table side, again to frame a big piece of art or a gallery wall.

Will post pics shortly - don’t want to lose the text again!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.