miriram_lloyd

Need Flooring help please for an open plan kitchen/dining/living space

miriram_lloyd
6 years ago
We really need some help please.
We are just about to embark on an extension to create an open plan kitchen/diner/living space, with bifolds and v-lux Windows.
We’ve chosen the kitchen and gone with a Neptune kitchen in white with a white quartz top, as shown In the photos below.
We want to keep the room quite classical and light and in keeping with the Victorian style of our house.
Our challenge is choosing a flooring, as we want low maintenance as we are time poor (and generally terrible at upkeep), with two very small children and cats.
We are going for UFH.
We previously looked at limestone flagstone tiles, which we could continue into be patio outside but worried it would look cold for a family room and be hard to maintain (spillages with little ones), we also considered porcelain tiles and now looking at Amtico/kardean wood effect (although costly and does it look like wood). As we love the look of wood flooring but wood or engineered wood might not wear well in a kitchen/with kids and I hear it’s not great with UFH.
Please could I have your thoughts on a good looking floor for this type of open plan space and one that will suit our low maintenance/high traffic need.
The extension is costing so much and we need to get it right. Here are some visuals of the kitchen (not the whole space).
Would love people’s views and recommendations? Many thanks!!

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.