gilstaylor

What colours would brighten my kitchen

Gillian
6 years ago

Hello,

I have an East facing basement kitchen in a period property with limited light coming in from a patio door and low ceilings. I'm planning to revamp the very nice kitchen units with a coat of paint and new work surfaces as well as new sinks, taps, appliances and door knobs and cup handles. I have already chosen work surfaces - basically white quartz (Carrara Misterio) and I thought I had chosen the colours for the surfaces - I was aiming for the pale mushroom colour of the recent Devol kitchens. But that was until I tried all of the testers - FB shadow white, cornforth white, elephants breath, skimming stone, little green slaked lime...you name them, I've tried them all. Its all looking a bit greige and really sludgy. I'm wondering whether I should do a complete turnaround and go for a dark island - maybe FB off black, with ligther, brighter units - maybe FB all white? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have all the new testers coming from F&B....but just wanted to get your feedback. Ideally it would look a bit like Pearl Lowe's new kitchen from Devol - but I suspect because I have so much less natural light and my kitchen is a third of the size of her's - it could all look a bit monochrome. I have a lovely wooden beam which runs along the ceiling which I think would add interest to the scheme and I have a sandstone coloured stone floor. What do you think?

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.