bobchalmers

Bathroom layout. Where to put the towel rail & shower control?

Richard G
6 years ago

Hi all,

You've all been so helpful already in helping me with my bathroom layout and i think i'm pretty much there in general but just had a couple of final points i was hoping someone might be able to help with.

The bathroom layout as i'm sketched it is as per the image attached.

I was wondering a couple of things:

Firstly i was wondering where would be best to put a towel rail, options being on the 600 gap between toilet & door, 600 gap between vanity and bath or perhaps raised up on the tiled shelf area next to the bath? The rail would be 500 or 600 wide (i though maybe reduce the size of the vanity to 600 to give a bit more space??)

Secondly, i was just wondering if the position of the toilet is really going to hinder getting in and out of the bath/shower and if so should i move the toilet a bit nearer to the door? I initially didn't want to do this to give more of an impression of space when you come into the room (and leave more room behind the vanity) but any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated as i'm terrible at visualizing space.

Many thanks in advance for any input.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.