aponampa

Glazed Firedoor (FD30) in bespoke size for pocket doorframe

Aponampa
6 years ago

Hi,

We are getting pocket doors installed for living room and kitchen as part of our house refurbishment. We'd like to get 4-panel shaker style glazed timber door in 1026mm x 2040mm size. It is for the following pocket door system: http://www.eclisse.co.uk/classic-single-fire-rated-pocket-door-system/. 

We've got quotes for bespoke firedoors (FD30) in 44mm thickness. However, the beading around the glazing makes the doors thicker than 44mm and thus will not fit within the pocket door frame.

Does anyone know if it possible to get FD30 doors with glazing, but without the beading?

Regards

Alex

Comments (4)

• Daisy England
    6 years ago

Off the shelf no but they should be able to be done with flush beads bespoke made. The automatic reaction is to use hockey stick (design of the bead) so this should be able to be swapped.

Aponampa thanked Daisy England
  • Aponampa
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. Any recommendations on where we can get them made?

• Daisy England
    6 years ago

Have you asked a local joinery company?

Aponampa thanked Daisy England
  • Aponampa
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks. Will reach out to a couple.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.