natasa_kirin

Need help with living room lighting arrangement

N K
6 years ago

We are soon moving in into an apartment with really lovely living room with plenty of space and natural light, and I'm a complete noob when it comes to room arrangement and have no idea how we should arrange our lighting to make if both aesthetic and functional.

We are not really supposed to drill holes anywhere, but I'm quite sure we'll be able to drill one or two holes in th ceiling once we are absolutely sure where we'd love our lamp to be positioned. I'd love to hang this cool lamp just above the coffee table. In the same time, do you think it will be possible to hang it so it doesn't get in the way while sitting on a sofa and watching tv? Not sure if it's maybe too big (Ø 55, h 18) for that position? And at which height should we hang it?

At the same time, the only existing ceiling light socket is quite off-centred, as you can see on the picture. The ceiling height is 2,50m. I'm attaching the panoramic shot of an empty room, and the future furniture arrangement, and would very much appreciate your opinions and ideas on the possible lighting arrangements.

Μ׷

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.