wgt123

Which size velux windows for rear extension for pitch roof?

kwg kwg
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello

I'm having a 3m ground floor extension, width is 5.5m, I struggling to decided on what size velux windows to have.

I'm having a pitch roof and the steel beam in the between the existing building and new extension will be placed below the ceiling rather than inserted into above floor ( not flushed ).

I was orginally going to go for 3x MK06s but we've just have MK04s installed in the loft conversion and I think MK06s might be a bit small. As beam will not be flushed with the ceiling, the MK06s might get partially hidden behind the beam when I'm standing in the current building look outwards towards to extension.

I'm potentially thinking of 3x PK08 (94cm x 140cm) or 3x PK10 (94cm x 140cm). Is there anything else I should consider e.g. room for spot lights, cooker extractor fan flues etc before make the wrong decision.

Thank for your help.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.