vishaal_p

Optimal Floor Plan: Which walls go and which ones stay?

Vishaal Patel
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My wife and I just bought our first home; YAY!

It's a 3 bedroom, split-level flat in Kilburn. It's got PLENTY of space, but it's not optimally laid out. We'd like the common areas to be open concept, we need a decent size coat closet in the entrance, and we need a utility room for the washer / dryer ... among other things.

Neither my wife nor I are designers. We've managed to conceptualise our thoughts in the attached floor plan rendering (first level only), but we're not convinced that it's the best solution. Nor do we know where to begin with the second level. We're welcoming professional opinions to play devil's advocate, and potentially win this project.

For your reference, I've attached a video walkthrough of the flat. Please ignore the humming!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.