danstar858

Opinions on kitchen plan please!

Danielle H
6 years ago

Hi everyone. I am in the middle of my second renovation job (forgot how stressful it can be!!). I have come up with the attached plan for my open plan living/kitchen. I am pretty happy with it and it gives me everything I think I need. But if anyone can see anything glaringly obvious that needs changing feel free!

It is a 70's build flat with concrete floors and ceilings (nightmare) so I am having to put in a suspended ceiling for new electrics and will have to channel floors for the new pipework. The sink and washing machine are pretty set in their positions due to this issue.

I am going for Howdens super matt white handleless Clerkenwell. The island in the middle has 2x super matt graphite deep drawers 600mm wide with a wrap over 900mm worktop to allow for barstools. I don't want any wall cupboards. I will probably have shelves either side of the extractor.

Going around the room from left to right I have a 600mm cupboard, 450mm cupboard with gas meter (cannot be moved), 900mm sink cupboard, 600mm gap for washing machine then on the return a 1180mm corner cupboard with a 600mm door, 600mm oven unit, 600mm cupboard, 600mm larder and finally 600mm 50/50 fridge freezer. I have 900mm around the island.

Total length of the room is 6765mm x width 3715mm at the narrowest point. The space for the kitchen is width 3715mm x length 3360mm.

The door into the room cannot be moved as it is the main supporting wall for the flats above but I will be swapping it for a glazed crittall style door.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.