stephboyles

Help! Picking bathroom tiles is driving me mad :)

Hi guys!

so my husband an I have bought a Victorian semi that needs a lot of work. It‘s stuck in the 50’s and need some Victorianesk charm with a slight modern twist injected in to the property. Our first challenge is the bathroom decor. Isn’t it funny how before you get the opertunaty to do up a house you think you know exactly what you want and then the moment comes and you become a dear in headlights overwhelmed with choice!

So, the bathroom is a strange L shape (see picture) I really like the idea of keeping it traditional with pattern floor tiles. Just worried it won’t work with the shape of the bathroom and maybe make it look smaller. I had a look at Encustic tiles and love them, just worried they are hard work to upkeep them being porous etc... has anyone had experience with these in a bathroom? Or has seen similar style tiles that are not concrete? Failing the pattern tile idea, any suggestions about what flooring style would work? For the walls I was thinking subway tile in a herringbone pattern around the bath area?

Thanks so much! S

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.