jayne_hunt87

Porcelain Tiles in very large open plan area, inside and out.

J C
6 years ago

I have been collecting tile samples for porcelain tiles so I can lay them inside my new open plan kitchen/dining/living area and then outside on the patio, most are the 10mm inside version then 20mm outside, anti slip version.

I have been told they are very hard wearing and perfect for the areas I want, and I've discounted other floor types because I want the same inside and out.

My biggest concern is that I've had some samples come through with chips in them? Has anyone else had porcelain tiles laid in a large area? And if so, how have you found them over time? I don't want the most important part of my extension to get chips, or look bad over time?

I will have a wet underfloor system, so they will be warm and there will be nice rugs under the living area, and under dining table, but I'm still very concerned.

Valverdi inside and out tiles from the London tile co were the samples I received. I know they could have got damaged in the post, but equally what if my kids dropped something hard on the floor, is it likely to chip?

This is already a huge expense for me, so I want to get the flooring right, I'd appreciate any advice from either an expert, or indeed a family who has had porcelain tiles laid over a large area?

Many thanks.

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.