vickilx

behind hob or complete wall for splash back?

vicki lee
6 years ago
Hi all, we are undecided whether to tile the complete splash back area or just behind the hob & add an upstand effect along the work top (which is Samsung ural grey quartz),any thoughts appreciated? We have lighting underneath the top cupboards in place.
Found some lovely quartzite honed tiles after a post from @colourhappy . But now to decide on how much of the area to tile.
In addition an area behind the sink already has quartz up-stands, should we tile this or leave as is? There’s an additional utility area at the other end,again an upstand effect just few tiles high or full wall?
The kitchen is part of open plan living with the living area having a slate textured central area also. We love natural stone so thought the quartzite great for us, the texture also breaks up the smooth,glossy surfaces.
Many thanks

Photos below show the tiles, and areas to be considered, the main worktop/hob pic has some of the tiles to be considered placed on. Thanks.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.