dlmakepeace

Living room layout help please

JesmondDene
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

First time user as we begin to plan a whole house renovation. Property is a 2000 built town house which I have lived in since new. Little has been changed overtime, now is that time!

The house was perfect with two young children, but now they are grown men who don't fit some of the spaces!

I, of course, know how live in the house, the things that work, the things that don't. In the main I know what I want to change, but the living room is really puzzling me.

I like a social space, with seating for as many as possible ( though mainly it is just two of us). I like symmetry; a new log burner is planned but the fireplace wall is off center. I have no idea where the tv should be. I did at one time have a sofa facing the fire place but this cuts the room in half. I no longer need a dining space as the kitchen is to be moved down a floor; this will include a dining space. All doors at this time could be moved. The dividing wall could be taken down to make one open plan space or the double doors bricked up to give better space for sofas. We did think brick up the double doors and have the current kitchen as an occasional bedroom come study.

Love occasional fireside type chairs; love big squashy L shaped sofas.

Some me inspiration and new ideas appreciated.

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.