jill_taylor9

vinyl Vs engineered board wood flooring

Jill Taylor
6 years ago
Hi, we have a dilemma that we'd like some help with. We are just coming to the end of building a large two story extension to the back and side of our Edwardian terrace. The ground floor will give us an L shaped open plan living area - comprising of our kitchen and leading to our living and dinning areas. We have underfloor heating in these areas and we can't decide what to put on the floor. We want the flooring to cover all three areas and not just the kitchen area. I really want wood - engineered floor boards - but we have been advised that they aren't ideal for a kitchen because if we get any leaks they will warp and have to be replaced. We have found some Karndean vinyl that is ok (looks like wood) but my heart is still hankering for real wood! We both feel that tiles would be too cold and conservatory like. My husband is also cautious about the maintenance that wood needs. Another thing to add - we have three kids and we are planning to get a dog next year too! Also, the extension has gone over budget so a cheaper option would be appealing but it's not all about budget because we will wait and save up if needed. Does anyone have advice and / or experience of this please? Thanks in advance

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.