hazel_kindley

Wood effect LVT - can it ever look realistic? Pictures please!

Hazel Kindley
6 years ago

We are planning some renovations, which will leave us with a large kitchen diner. Ideally, I want to run the same flooring throughout the ground floor to give some consistency and I am obsessed with oak parquet, especially in herringbone pattern. However, with it being a kitchen, and also opening directly into the garden, we need something moisture resistant and hardwearing.

LVT definitely seems to fit the bill, but I really don't want it to look really fake, especially as it is going to cover such a big area of the house. We have LVT in our hall (installed by previous owner) and it is horrible! The texture and shine is all wrong and the tone looks immediately fake. Is this just a bad example?

So, my plea is for anyone that has had wood effect LVT put down, and who loves theirs - please can I see?! Are you happy with your choice? Does anyone have any recommendations in terms of ranges or brands?

Also, if we are planning to extend in the future, is it possible to extend the flooring or will we need transition strips between the two spaces?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.