tomsarah08

Porcelain patio - grout & laying

Sara
6 years ago
Hi! We’re about to pave our L shaped side passage and patio. We’re after a really clean and contemporary landscaped look with minimal grout lines. I have 3 questions!

1- How do we avoid mistakes and breakages? The reason I ask is our maths of the space suggests we can do it economically with 52 tiles (see scale diagram). Mandarin Stone’s delivery company have a maximum of 52 tiles. Any more and we have to pay 1/2 the delivery cost all over again. Really annoying. I’m pondering whether to cross fingers and hope we can stick to the 52 which allows for no breakages, or start all over and find a supplier whose delivery cost doesn’t create an overall more expensive situation.

2 - Is there an optimum method for laying porcelain? The surface is reasonably flat and is currently concrete. Our fitter days he plans to do a wet dry mix with sand and cement. If he chooses this, do we need a particular type of grout or sealant?

3- we’re trying to find a grout that creates an invisible look as possible. My assumption with porcelain is that you *can* butt them close together but you still need some space. If so, where do I get a quality but not rip off grout from?

Thanks so much

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.