dlmakepeace

Has anyone found a 'creative' (and cheaper) solution to fire doors?

JesmondDene
6 years ago

Proposed open plan layout and 4 floors means fire doors are required to meet regs.

The opening to be 'doored' is approx 2m x 1.5m. Normal opening double doors would create an issue of space, with the doors when open preventing access to other cupboard/cloakroom doors.

Pocket door systems can be bought 'fire proof' but not sure if the width will be an issue and there is only space at one side for the doors to be pushed into the wall.

I have spent hours on this!

Has anyone any creative solutions please? I have started to look at 'industrial/commercial options but not sure if the domestic size would mean such a company wouldn't be interested. Also no idea of commercial costs (except for knowing that a large folding screen I ordered for a school (really large, hall height) was £3,500.

Any ideas appreciated. Project about to crash if a solution can't be found.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.