adam_stimpson

1930's semi - small extension and remodel

Adam Stimpson
6 years ago

Hi all

My wife and I have recently moved into a 1930s 3 bed semi and we are looking to do some work to it at the back. As you can see there are quite a few different rooms and it feels quite disconnected, so we are looking to try and create an open plan kitchen/diner/family space by incorporating some of the rooms into 1, and extending slightly further at the back, whilst trying to keep the lounge seperate and somewhere that could be closed off from the rest of the house as well.

I've attached the current floorplan and one that I've sketched out to give some idea of what we are trying to achieve - but just wanted to get other peoples views on this and see is there is perhaps anything we could do differently or maybe haven't thought about?

I've put a 1x1m grid over my sketch so you can get an idea of the size...

PS The grey block in the middle of the breakfast bar is a supporting pillar that I think would have to stay, so designs have to work around this.

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.