opunopun

Contemporary Extension Adds 40% More Living Space To Family Home

Opun
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This South London family were desperate to find more space in their property and really stretch their home improvement muscles. A stunning two storey extension allowed them to fulfil all of their renovation dreams and then some. The project added over 40% more habitable space to the property and allowed for the creation of a chic new kitchen, fresh patio area, bright and beautiful dining room as well as a show stopping landing space decked out with enough musical instruments for a festival headline set. Check out these photos to see how work progressed on the project compared to the remarkable completed space. There's also a video tour of the beautiful new kitchen so you can really get a feel for the extended home.

Before: Work In Progress

This photo gives you a good idea of the substantial size of the extension project. All that scaffolding was put to good use.

This internal view of works in progress hints at the beautiful view that would emerge from the upper floor of the extension. At this point, however, there is still a long way to go.

Whilst the structure of the home has been extended by this point, the space itself remains an empty shell. Work on the external aspects of the home, such as the decking, have not yet begun.

After: The remarkable new space

Contemporary Kitchen Extension With Custom Home Bar · More Info

External view of the newly completed space standing proudly in the beautifully renovated garden. The upper floor's rectangular windows bring an element of chic contemporary edge to the home's exterior.

The incredible view from the upper floor's landing shows off the vast garden space. The entire property is decked out in stunning natural light thanks to those striking window installations. An added benefit of the landing space is the added room for our customer to work on his true passion: drum solos.

This bright and spacious dining room is located on the lower level of the extension and provides easy access to the garden thanks to some useful bifold doors. Check out the brand new patio area outside as well!

The ground floor also features an incredible new kitchen and home bar. Watch the video below for a full tour of the new space:

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.