srhchpmn

Flooring help - which material or brand?

Sarah
5 years ago
I have never had to buy flooring before as always had it in place when moving homes. At some point I'd like to replace the flooring throughout the whole ground floor:

hallway
living room
kitchen/diner
cloakroom

I'd like to go for the same flooring throughout for continuity and to give a more spacious and fluid feel. The flooring would need to be hard as opposed to carpet.

I haven't got any pics to share right now but I'm not considering colour yet. My question is what type of material/brand should I be looking at? I hear about all sorts of brands but have no idea what I'm doing as I've never had to do this before.

It would need to be easy to clean and child friend, we have two boys under 5. No pets.

As well as advice on materials/brands, is there anything else I should be thinking of when doing this?

Thanks!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.