Houzz Logo Print
shanikamehta

UFH throughout or UFH with radiators

Shan M

Hi

I have just bought a 3 bedroom end of terrace victorian house which needs renovation. I am adding a loft extension and 3m rear extension.

Rough dimensions in ft (post extension are):

ground floor: lounge (14x10), kitchen/diner (14.5x23)

first floor: bedroom 1 (14x10), bedroom 2 (14x8.5), bathroom (10.5x6), small room to be walk in closet (8 x 4.5)

loft: bedroom plus small ensuite (14x12)

i definitely want UFH throughout the downstairs and in the main bathroom, and very much leaning towards a wet system. Is it easier to then just apply this system throughout the house or would you suggest radiators in the bedrooms. aesthetically i like the idea of having no radiators but i worried the installation cost will be massive. Which option would be cheaper to run in the long term.

also what type of central heating system would i require?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

Shan