temporaltechnicolor

Garden - before and before but with sketches

Nieko Syxx
5 years ago

So, I posted a link earlier and it was dark - I have since been able to take some pictures of my garden. From the pictures I think the idea is apparent that it is a decent size for an urban garden, nothing extraordinary in terms of shape.

There are a few issues - the main one being I know zilch about all this and am having to research and learn - which is fascinating.

There is a shed which is in the top LH corner of the garden - I am thinking it might fit on the existing patio on the RH side of the house or it may have to go.

There is a tree by the shed which I would love to keep - I am not sure if/how this works

I have attempted a first sketch with the software on this site but it keeps bouncing my stuff about - luckily I took a screen shot!

So this is number one - but I have a second in mind also - there is a wooden platform in the centre which would be more of a structure that I could grow things up and hang lights off - I have friends that can build this stuff.

Am sourcing paving - a dark colour

Also sourcing slate - plum or blue - that’s why I have put both in the picture to see - that wall and patio at the bottom are already there and I haven’t considered doing much with them except start collecting large ceramic pots and filling them with plants.

Sketch two - working on will have the wooden platform on the left with gravel and the paving will all be to the right with beds and outdoor furniture.

Whilst this all sounds fabulous to capability brown over here, I have never done anything like this before - am wondering if I am mixing too many materials up - have overlooked something massive - or there are better things I could do...

Would appreciate feedback from folks on here greatly!

NkSx

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.