amberth

Before & After - A Cramped Home to Eclectic Entertainment Spot

Amberth
5 years ago

Amberth project managed the design, management and build of this large family home in Wyndham Road, Oxford. To view the full interior makeover click here.

The original kitchen had an awkward arrangement with limited storage, worktop space and restricted light. The space was transformed into a bright dining room to allow a continuous spread of natural light, enhancing the overall space. A lovely sized dining table and a freestanding storage unit and a gorgeous mix of colour create an upbeat vibe whilst the bespoke multi-functioning storage unit allows the space to be personalised.

Before:

AFTER:

Wyndham Road, Oxford · More Info

The small passageway opposite of the original kitchen was re-worked to expand the new kitchen into this space. The opening was knocked down to increase the size of the passageway and to serve as a direct link to the new kitchen. Plenty of storage is available in this kitchen along with a gorgeous view into the garden to create a warm, laid-back ambience. The open shelving and a flexible hanging solution adds continuity to the laid back feel. To maintain an open-plan layout the wall leading onto the living room was knocked down and replaced with sliding doors to allow the closure of the kitchen space whilst cooking.

Before:

AFTER:

Before:

AFTER:

The original living room had large windows that demonstrated a great potential for natural light so these were replaced with bi-folding doors to allow for maximum natural light and direct access to the garden. The bright yellow feature wall compliments the light enhancing the vibrant, upbeat feel. The eye-catching mix of mid-century modern furniture and contemporary bespoke wall units, designed by Amberth, work in rhythm with the living space.

Before:

AFTER:

The original downstairs toilet was a small and un-inviting space. A small but perfectly formed shower enclosure was built in this bathroom with a tinted glass shower screen. A generously sized mirror with glass shelves were added to maximise storage space and visually increase the size. The mirrors across two walls create reflections that visually expand the space whilst the deck mounted basin, lends itself as a space saver. Light coloured porcelain floor tiles are offset by dark porcelain tiles to create a contemporary look.

Before:

AFTER:

For further details and to view the full interior makeover, click here.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.