bensoutheast

Independent counter damage assessment in London

Ben
5 years ago

Less than 18 months after installing a new kitchen, one cold winter night when a large cast iron pot was on full heat on a corner gas burner, our silestone counter cracked (see photo). The counter material was silestone provided by Cosentino. Cosentino came to inspect the damage but their engineer claimed almost as soon as he entered the kitchen that their (25 year) warranty was invalid. He claimed that we must have put hot pots on the adjacent counter, which must have weakened the material making it susceptible to thermal shock. They have however offered to replace this part of the counter if we pay them £3k. We suspect that this damage is the result either of material weakness or poor layout design but are looking for an independent assessment to give us an honest view of how this happened. Can anyone recommend someone with relevant expertise in the London area who we would be able to hire to provide an independent assessment?

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.