sandraandjohn

Kitchen refurb - help please

Sandy Gee
5 years ago

First post. I'm going round in circles trying to decide what our new kitchen should look like, despite talking and getting plans from a number of small kitchen design places. I think they've all given up on me ever making a decision!

Basically, we want to pull out the existing kitchen which we inherited when we bought the property which is about 20 years old. It's a kitchen and dining area - but we do have a separate dining room for special occasions :) There's 4 of us - 2 adults, 2 teens. We eat in the kitchen every day.

There's one internal door into the kitchen from a long passage way, which leads off the hall. There's sliding doors out into the side of the back garden. There's two windows which overlook the front garden. The dining table is currently by sliding doors and my OH wants to keep it that way.

It's a good size space but seems awkward to plan and fit in everything I want. We're happy to move radiators, extend plumbing but not doing major building work. So my wants are:

- fullsize and compact oven

- microwave, plate warmer and vacuum drawer

- 1.5 sinks with drainer + separate prep sink with chilled/boiling water tap

- integrated full size fridge and freezer- induction hob + tepanyaki

- integrated dishwasher

- undercounter wine cooler

- shelving for my many cookbooks

- coffee station for existing bean to cup machine

- nice to haves: an island? But nothing on it except the prep sink so it could be mainly for prep

- nice to have: walk in pantry

We're after a handleless kitchen. Floor plan below. The room is 7400mm by 4250mm at the RHS, 130mm less at the LHS (but Ikea's planning tool wouldn't let me put it smaller than 300mm!)
And a picture showing location in house and giving an idea of current layout. The peninsula has just become a dumping ground for everything!

Any and all thoughts welcome!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.