stephen_crompton

Help please! Minimum width from wall to “bottom of G”

Stephen
5 years ago
I’m trying to make an (otherwise galley) kitchen design more interesting. We have a blank rectangle canvas which is 3.44m wide at the far end and 3.64m wide for all but 60cm of the length. The length is 5m 24cm. (In fact, it’s nearer 10m 50cm as it’s open plan into a diner).

We want an upside down G kitchen shape with units down the left side (inc. range) a sink along the bottom of the G - the peninsular - and then units coming back up the other side (for open prep space). (My wife wants the sink in the peninsular and I don’t want to prep against a wall and cabinets - I’m 6’5”).

I think this design can work, but I know I need a minimum of 1.2m between parallel units, which would leave only 1m 4cm between the right hand wall and the back of the nearest unit (the open prep space) at the narrowest point.

Is this sufficient? Is this basically a corridor for which the 1.2m rule need not apply?

Many thanks in advance for any help/thoughts.

Steve.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.