le_wright

How to make a shallow bungalow look more attractive!?

le_wright
5 years ago

I am in the process of purchasing this project. It has a lovely large south facing garden and outlook over fields front and back. We want to extend on the ground floor only making use of the extended Permitted Development up to 8m deep (the house is 13.5m wide) and we have a very deep garden. This would allow us to add a lot more than under planning permission as we are in Green Belt and the Council tend to only allow extension under planning up to 30/40% additional floor area. Therefore permitted development would give us more.

The roof doesn't have enough head height to convert as it is and we are reluctant to take the whole roof off to increase pitch as this would be more costly and likely involve replacing all ceiling joists.

We are open to re-tiling, rendering, cladding, painting, porches, changing all windows etc.

Any suggestions would be great. Before we exchange I want to feel reassured that even if we make a large single storey family home, would it still look like a mobile home or sports pavilion?!

I need kerb appeal!

Thanks in advance

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.