jessa61

Where in the U.K. do you buy accent chairs?

jessa61
5 years ago

So i'm looking for cream and gold accent armchairs for my lounge but i can't seem to find anything in the U.K. I can find loads of I love but they are all in America and don't ship to the U.K. :( So i was wondering if anyone knows any U.K. based companies i can buy accent chairs from? I have included some examples below of what i am looking for. Really hoping someone can help :)

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/Ab5jeQZIiKG5N9__w0fZvZXV5jl_PEaqdwnqlhUKE5f3KRAY8D5yBCM/ 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/803118546024880983/ 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/803118546024880979/

Comments (52)

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Ooops sorry let me copy some images below.

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Carolina, Thank you for your image. I'm not quite sure about it, i'm not quite sure why though, maybe it's because i think the ones above (especially the third image) is perfect so maybe i'm being fussy looking for a needle in a haystack! It will be paired with a cream chesterfield sofa if this makes a difference. I love each of the ones i copied above, it's just so hard finding anything in the U.K. It's odd because there's loads on the American Wayfair but nothing on the U.K. version and you would think, being the same company, that would be an option but unfortunately not. Hopefully i'm just looking in the wrong places

• Related Discussions

Do you have anything yellow in your home?

Q

Comments (19)
    Hi Emmeline yes it's a wall mural by photowall, it's a very small lounge but I decided to brighten it up a bit! Was approx £170. The mushroom chair was from Bluesuntree but is now discontinued. http://www.photowall.co.uk/photo-wallpaper/retrospectra-1
    ...See More

What practical feature/item do you secretly crave for your house?

Q

Comments (98)
    Lights which automatically turn on when I enter a room (especially in the kitchen and in the hallway from the bedroom to the bathroom) and lights inside my wardrobes (especially inside the one in the bedroom: I often get up earlier than my hubby, and it may be still dark outside, and I don't want to wake him up while I'm looking for my stockings).
    ...See More

Where do I buy a black framed shower door

Q

Comments (55)
    @john clark I have just bought a walk in shower tray with fixed screen with black profile and support arm for £365 from showertraysuk if you are looking for that rather than over shower bath. Like Katie I got my shower (£160) and exposed trap (£45) for the basin from Victoria Plumb, pop up waste off soak.com (£12.99) taps very similar to Katie but with a rounded spout again off ebay (£65) I've not yet fitted my bathroom but I hope it looks as good as yours Katie!!
    ...See More

If you had £1000 to spare, what would you buy?

Q

Comments (45)
    I have my eye on on some beautiful new chairs or the dining room. It took several years to find the right table and I've been searching for the right chairs for over a year.
    ...See More
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

You know the more i see the chair you linked Carolina, the more i like it. Definitely a contender!

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Ah, the images do help :-) I like those a lot. Check Westelm

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

Found the Rocket St. George one cheaper: https://www.sweetpeaandwillow.com/sofas-seating/armchairs

They have the notonthehighstreet chair too, specifically saying they are dining chairs.

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

Also check houseology

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago
    jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61 thanked Hannah Louise Barrow
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

oh my goodness the one from the Irish website is just beautiful, unfortunately it's in Ireland and a little bit expensive but stunning nonetheless. Thank you for finding the Rocket one cheaper x

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

side note - there's some lovely side tables on sweetpea and willow

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just an update in case anyone is following this thread, i decided to go for the Nordal chair. Thank you Carolina for finding it for me x

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Oh cool! So you're able to buy it from them? Or did you find it somewhere else? Hope you'll post a pic of the chair when it's in your home :-)

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • E D
    5 years ago

Great.

Out of interest, what makes a chair an 'accent chair'?

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

There's a lot of building work happening at the moment so it's in storage atm but i will when it's done although it may not be for quite a few months! i wasn't technically meant to buy anything but i just couldn't resist! No i googled the chair name and it came up on a different site called out there interiors. It's such a cool site, everything on there is quite statement.

Regarding what is an accent chair, to me anyway, its a more bold statement piece different to the sofa design

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

So things have taken unexpectedly longer than planned for building work to be completed! But we are nearly there :) So I'm back to the chairs question again, if any of you lovely people have some advise. The original chair ended up not being for me (shame) so I actually ended up going with the sweet pea and willow chair carolina recommended: https://www.sweetpeaandwillow.com/sofas-seating/armchairs/hepburn-armchair-pink-velvet (thank you x) as well as a chesterfield sofa (cromwell by john lewis in smoke, a grey/taupe velvet: https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-cromwell-chesterfield-grand-4-seater-sofa/p2465931?fabricSku=237483933&legType=light)

I need an additional 2 chairs. So the layout would be the sofa, then two armchairs perpendicular to the sofa and then the sweet pea and willow armchair facing inwards on the diagonal on the opposite corner. My problem is what chairs? I definitely don't want velvet as the other two chairs are velvet and i think that might be velvet overload. Then i thought maybe a light pink but then thought with the hepburn chair and the silvery velvet chesterfield that might look a little sickly-sweet. I really like the phoebe chair by west elm as i think the style/legs match perfectly with the sweet pea and willow chair but problem is it's pink and velvet: http://www.westelm.co.uk/#phoebe-chair-pink-h2649 What do you all think? Would pink be a no no? Oh i haven't got the curtains yet as these are being made but i have attached the fabric for reference. Walls are quartz grey deluxe and carpet is a light cream (the carpet pictured in the photo os the same). I don't have any other furniture yet either, literally just the chesterfield and hepburn chair

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Hi Jessa,

Would having a second Chesterfield sofa, but smaller, instead of 2 more chairs be an option?

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Hi Jess, Check out our homeware section, We have a few chairs you might be interested in:

https://www.ideas4lighting.com/shop-homeware-c110

https://www.ideas4lighting.com/search/chair

If you find anything you like let me know and i will get a price sorted for you :)

Regards

Tony

jessa61 thanked User
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

If you don't like the idea of a second sofa, how about these chairs? I think that another velvet will be okay, not sure if I'd go for pink again. Not everyone likes high armrests, so I went for lower armrests and a different style chair.

Another option would be to go for a more classic style chair that ties in with the Chesterfield sofa, so your pink chair really stay accent chairs.

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Ahh Carolina you always come to my rescue! You're right, I was wary of the pink and looking at your mock ups I can definitely see more pink would be too much. I'd prefer two chairs rather than a sofa, I don't particularly have a reason. Visually I just think it looks better :) I really like the first two of your chair suggestions. Regarding the second one, the kegs are dark with gold tips. The legs on my Chesterfield are light and the ones on the pink chair brass, so do you think the legs need to match so need to be light wood or gold/brass? Could I ask where both those chairs are from please? X

• Carolina
    5 years ago

The chairs are from House of Isabella, brand is Liang & Eimil. I wanted to ask you if you had ordered the light or the dark feet. I 'm not too bothered by feet matching or not, but I do think that the dark feet look slightly better with the dark feet on the chairs. They will still be a different colour though. It also depends (a bit) on what else you will put in the room.

But since these pieces of furniture are all so different, I really wouldn't bee too bothered about the colour of their feet.

See what you think.

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

That's a valid point they are all very different. Hopefully not too different? It's a really large room so I thought perhaps it would look a bit twee if too matchy? I could be wrong... aside from this, the only other thing I have (or will have, they are due for delivery this week) are two abstract pictures: http://www.gallerydirect.co.uk/wall-décor/wall-décor-wall-art?product_id=4460 http://www.gallerydirect.co.uk/wall-décor/wall-décor-wall-art?product_id=4480 Oh actually,I tell a lie. I also have 2 of these footstools which I was going to tuck under a console table to be used for additional seating https://www.brissi.com/bloomsbury-velvet-stool-taupe.html I don't have side tables, coffee tables etc yet Do you think I have too much going on? Would I be better to use the Chesterfield fabric but on an armchair? Thank you for all your help x

• Carolina
    5 years ago

You obv have a very elegant taste :-) Love the art.

I think that the tulip chair is too similar to the other pink chairs.

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

How large is the room? Do you have a floor plan with dimensions? Photos?

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you. To be fair you've been a massive help with that! If it helps I only have one of the pink chairs, not sure if it makes a difference.... Oh lordy it's huge! Such a change from our last living room. That was easy by comparison, one sofa, one armchair and boom done. The Chesterfield is the grand size and it doesn't look too big. I'll take some photos. I do have cardboard cutouts for room arrangements so will take photos and measurements when I get home x

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Got home and the living room has become a storage ground whilst the other rooms our being decorated so (at the moment) I can't get anymore photos, but I've attached both a room plan and a photo shortly after the carpet was laid so you can get an idea of colour. On the floor plan, the sofa is the size of my chesterfield and the chair on the angle is the size of the pleated pink armchair. The two armchairs on the perpendicular are what i was envisioning but haven't bought yet. There will be coffee, tables and end tables, i just haven't bought anything yet so haven't added to the plan so as not to confuse :) Regarding the footstools, i was thinking a console table to the right of the sofa with the footstools tucked underneath this. There are two radiators one underneath the enormous window and the other on the door wall, on the right side and so the console table can't go next to the door as it would block the radiator. The art work would go on the wall opposite the door, behind the two armchairs. Let me know if you need anymore info :)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Ah, misunderstood, thought there'd be two x two chairs. So it'll look something like this?

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Oh wow! How clever are you!! That's so helpful. Thank you x Aside from the TV being wall mounted, that's exactly what I was thinking. I'm open to changing the layout but I thought this was the best use of the space

• Carolina
    5 years ago

And you could shuffle furniture around if you feel like a change. I do think you need something under the TV. Or is there a fireplace?

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

So funnily enough, when I did the original floor plan I did have the TV on a media unit but I changed it to wall mounted as when I got out cardboard cutouts, it just seemed a bit tight having a coffee table as well. I also tried having two chairs diagonally facing the side but it just made the room look longer so ended up going back to the room plan i posted. It's tricky because it's a really long room but not long enough for two separate areas. My main goal was to set as many people as possible and encourage an easy conversation space. I think from your 3d mock up, the round chairs I suggested won't go, I agree they're too similar to the pink chair. Something with a straighter line would be better x

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

So I'm thinking I finally need to make a decision (can you tell i'm indecisive?!) So based on all the helpful advice you've given me and trying to incorporate all of it - what do you think of this chair?

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Love it!

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yaaaay I love that too. thank you so much. When it all arrives, i'll send you a photo :) x

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Cool. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Man, why is this console table so expensive?!?!?!? Don't you think it'll be a nice addition? https://www.homesdirect365.co.uk/boho-console-table-oak-p42220

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • Carolina
    5 years ago
    jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Not so sure about the first one - it's the dark legs I think as I don't have any dark wood but yes I love the second gold one. Where's it from??? Literally room furnished by Carolina, love it :)

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Ooops just seen the link. Thank you x

• Carolina
    5 years ago

haha :-) You're welcome. And not furnished by me, but happy to throw in some suggestions

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Well thank you anyway. I really liked the last table but my boyfriend said no to the glass top unfortunately :(

• jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I'm not sure about either to be honest, sorry. I appreciate the ideas though! I think where i'm struggling is i quite like something gold/marble, i'm just aware I have gone for quite statement pieces so I want everything to effortlessly flow together and look well-styled but not gaudy/mish-mashed. I suppose I know how i want it to feel i.e. luxurious, elegant and feminine rather than how i want it to look, if that makes sense? For side tables I was thinking maybe something like this https://www.atkinandthyme.co.uk/furniture/tables/side-tables/castello-side-table.html

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Never mind, just throwing options your way :-) Love the side tables! Where are you thinking of placing them?

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I was thinking either side of the Chesterfield. I like them because the Chesterfield is pretty large and bulky and they look like they sufficiently solid to not look overwhelmed by the Chesterfield. They're out of stock until may but I'm thinking that's the route to go down. I only wish they were a little taller as they're higher than the seat of the Chesterfield (just!) but a lot lower than the arms

• jessa61
    Original Author
    4 years ago

So all the chairs have (finally!!) turned up. I still need to put the light oak legs on the chesterfield and the curtains and paintings are due this week but this is where we are at the moment. The footstools are to the left out of view. It's a tricky room as it's almost too big for one seating area but too big for too. To be fair when we get side tables and find a coffee table big enough that will help (as well as putting up the curtains/paintings of course) but thought you'd like to see progress thus far

• Carolina
    4 years ago

Oh, so far it's lovely! I don't think it looks too big for one seating area. I like a bit of space and once you have all the other stuff in, it'll look different again, as you said. It looks lovely, light and elegant.

jessa61 thanked Carolina
  • jessa61
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you :) I do think it's getting there and you're probably right, it just looks a bit bare and "plonked" at the moment but a few side tables, coffee table etc and I'm sure it'll look much more homely

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.