tr_hayes

Bathroom layout - separate quadrant shower, or more floor space?

Tom H
5 years ago

Hi all,

We're planning our bathroom re-fit and trying to decide between sticking to the current layout of large bath with shower over, or moving the bath and putting in a 900x900 quadrant shower. The latter was advised by the planning person at a local bathroom merchant, but it's hard to tell if it will feel cramped. We don't have the space for a luxurious wet-room/walk-in shower, but can fit a 900x900 quadrant (like the one below). We have 2 small children, so the bath is in use every day.

Below is the layout suggested by the planner (ignore the shape of the bath, it would be a J shape i.e. straight bath with curve on the end by the toilet). By the way - has anyone come across a good free bathroom sketcher/planner?

The alternative is having a shower bath on the top wall and toilet to the right of the door.

Your thoughts would be welcome!

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.