emily_hart4873

Kitchen unit colour dilemma- please help.

Emily Hart
5 years ago

Hi,

Just wandering if someone could give me some advice please. Attached are our kitchen plans.

The layout has been decided. Slightly limited because of the pitch of the roof, especially where the fridge freezer is.

Our dilemma is what colour units to go with. I love simplified scandi design with punches of colour in the accessorise.

To set the scene:

The kitchen company have suggested we go for a two tone in a light grey and a dark grey. The space looks fairly large but we are limited on ceiling height because of our London roof which to simplify things, is neither flat or goes up in the middle, rather it comes down in the middle! We cant change the roof for a number of reasons but hoping it will add to the design. Because of the roof coming down in the middle I really want to make the space appear as spacious as possible. Which is why we have gone for a quartz white worktop and lighter units on the walls. I want grey in the design and I'd like to add bursts of colour in the accessorise. Walls will probably be white (ish),

I've included our kitchen plans and some possible colours from the wren website. These are the last two images. Our floor wont be so shiny!

Floor will be a natural oiled wide planked engineered oak. Throughout the whole space.

The bifold frames will be a dark grey colour.

Taking that in to consideration:

Would you opt for a two tone kitchen unit colour or have one colour only in a light or mid grey colour?

Do you think two colours of units make a room feel less spacious?

The kitchen window we might do in the dark grey same as bifold or white, any suggestions?

The company supplying the quartz worktop have said they can for no extra cost cut out a low splash back which will go round the entire run of units a couple of inches up and a big splashback between the range and hood, all in the same white quartz. Would you go for this or would you splash out for tiles?

Trying to keep the price down so we can afford the flooring and a quooker boiling tap.

Any help/ advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Emily

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.