pinkpoppy1

Help with decorating my front room

pinkpoppy1
5 years ago

Hi all,

We've recently done up our front sitting room and now need to furnish it. (except for the double doors, they still need painting, open to ideas on colour). It's a room that has a fireplace and a TV and we'd like to furnish it in a way that is practical to watch TV but also have people over for coffee and not be facing the TV. I'm not sure of my style or what style I should use? I know I like traditional with a bit of an eclectic piece thrown in here and there and a bit of old. Like a cool old chair, old telephone, old glass bottles. Also, not sure of a colour scheme, but it needs colour, i'd like beautiful soft colours, maybe.

My thoughts are, one 2 or small 3 seater lounge along the wall as you see in the picture and then 2 different type but complementing chairs opposite left and right or the french doors. Also, what are the rules with lounges and mixed chairs? do the 2 single chairs have to be the same?

(Current furniture is most likely only temporary, although we are still deciding whether or not to recover lounge or buy new one, and the coffee table is a family table that I'd like to use but don't think it will go.)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.