laura_murfin

Help with layout of 1930s house

Laura Murfin
5 years ago

In need of inspiration! We have a typical 1930s layout with a rear extension which houses a kitchen diner. The original narrow kitchen has been turned into a utility and downstairs loo - however these are off the dining room rather than off the kitchen, and access to the kitchen is currently through the lounge and dining room, which is driving me bonkers bringing in shopping, carrying washing baskets etc. (Plan attached).
We want to reconfigure the downstairs layout, put the toilet in the understairs cupboard, and have the hall opened up so access to the kitchen is through the utility. However doing this means there are loads of doors/walkways and far less wall space for kitchen units/storage.
Has anyone had the same problem, or have any bright ideas of a better way to reconfigure the space?

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.